- 03/04/2016 - We would like to thank Airtel Malawi for their support & funding which has helped our patients & Centre in multiple ways - Read more>
- 08/04/2016 - Jana suffered obstetric fistula for 16 years, now she is dry & life is getting better - click to read her story
- 12/04/2016 - SGG showing Thur April 14 7pm @ Schomburg Auditorium at Defiance College, 701 N. Clinton St. Defiance, OH 43512 FREE ENTRY
- 07/03/2016 - US Ambassador Virginia Palmer visits Fistula Care Centre in Malawi
- 04/05/2016 - International Day of the Midwife 2016 - 5th May 2016
Click to view trailer
"Supremely compassionate. Intelligent and thorough."— Filmjournal.com
"At first, I didn't see myself as a human being since people didn't want to be around me. Now, I see healing and it's like life has returned again"
Aminata, Sierra Leone
Freedom From Fistula Foundation (US) is a charitable, non-profit organization tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Donations to FFFF(US) are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
An estimated 2 million women and girls in Africa are suffering from obstetric fistula caused by prolonged, obstructed childbirth and lack of access to maternity care.
Left incontinent, they are often condemned to a life of solitude and despair.
Our charity helps these women and girls by providing free surgeries to heal their fistulas and free maternity care to prevent fistulas and ensure safe childbirth. We also train local healthcare workers.
Thousands of women and girls are helped by us each year.
With your help, we can do more.
100% of your donations go directly to help women and girls at our fistula and maternal healthcare projects, as our overhead and administration costs are met by the charity's founder.
Watch our film