Patient Rehabilitation, Education and Empowerment Program (PREP)
All of our fistula clinics have post-surgical rehabilitation programs which are a vital part of our patients recovery and help prepare them for reintegration back into society.
In PREP, patients are taught life skills that offer the women and girls opportunities for their futures:
- classes in literacy and numeracy, tailored to the level of education a patient may or may not have had
- handicrafts, including sewing, weaving and beading, all with a view to making items which the patients can sell blankets, necklaces, door mats, furniture covers and more
- cooking classes to demonstrate how to cook healthy food on a low budget
- micro-finance support and enterprise training, including opening a bank account, household budgets and simple business accounts
- income generating skills; and the solar-powered charging station project.